The PhD programme in Philosophy aims fundamentally at the formation of researchers and teachers at the university level. The period of research lasts at least 3 years (6 semesters), during which the student is required to accumulate 180 credits.
To be admitted to candidacy, you must have:
- Completed the course work
- Completed other minor requirements
- Passed the comprehensive examination
- An earned Master’s degree in Philosophy.
- A minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 in all previous studies.
- If you are in the process of completing a Master’s degree in Philosophy, you may be admitted to the programme provisionally if you have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0.