A Professional University Institution Committed to Excellence In Training Of The Youth For Rewarding Careers in the Domains Of Modern Food Production, Technology & Utilization.
Be a leader in education, research, improvement and preservation of Tropical Agricultural and Natural Resources Systems.
Train and prepare professionals to be leaders, innovative and productive stewards of Agricultural Production & Engineering, Agric Business/Natural Resources Management, Food Sciences & Technology, and Applied Human Nutrition and Dietetics. STANR also provides opportunities for individuals to achieve excellence in scholastic and research activities. We promote and contribute to the building of sustainable food production systems to ensure optimal nutrition and food security as well as equipping individuals and groups with the knowhow necessary to preserve and intelligibly exploit soil fertility, and the natural environment.
Depending on the field of specialization, professionals trained in the School of Tropical Agriculture and Natural Resources will be able to:
- Understand and apply modern and traditional agricultural and veterinary techniques.
- Diagnose all current health problems related to human nutrition/dietetics and provide effective solutions in all settings including medical nutrition therapy.
- Analyze animal/plant nutrition problems and propose appropriate solutions to mitigate their effects; boost plant and animal production as well as facilitate their optimal utilization.
- Adapt different methods to various problems especially in a rural context in a spirit of initiative & creativity.
- Popularize agricultural, dietary and veterinary techniques.
- Create and manage profitable enterprises in the realm of agricultural production, marketing and dietetics.
- Process and transform various foodstuffs such as cereals, meat, fish, milk, and oil seeds into well packaged products of high quality and longer shelf-
- Sustainably manage the environment to protect/enhance our natural resources.
- Successfully accomplish development according to the social teachings of the Catholic Church.
In order to achieve the objectives of the programs, the STANR is enriched with professionals who teach the core/professional and foundation courses. To achieve the practical component of the programs, STANR has at its disposal well equipped and well manned laboratories for training and research work in relevant aspects of life sciences, drawing room, fish ponds, piggery, poultry demonstration farms, etc. We partner with modern industries nationwide and other institutions where internships are realized. More on this strategy below:
A total of 6 months of supervised internship experience in any approved agro-
We offer the following Specializations in STANR
|B.Sc. Agricultural Systems and Management||4 years (8 Semesters)||October 1, 2020|
|B.Sc. Animal Sciences||4 years (8 Semesters)||October 1, 2020|
|B.Sc. Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences||4 years (8 Semesters)||October 1, 2020|
|B.Sc. Food and Nutrition Sciences||4 years (8 Semesters)||October 1, 2020|
|B.Sc. Agronomy||4 years (8 Semesters)||October 1, 2020|
|B.Sc. Natural Resource Management||4 years (8 Semesters)||October 1, 2020|
|B.Sc. Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology||4 years (8 Semesters)||October 1, 2020|
|B.Sc. Agricultural Biology||4 years (8 Semesters)||October 1, 2020|
- Pass in Ordinary level with at least five subjects including mathematics, English language and Biology
- Pass in Advanced Level in at least two subjects in sciences
Graduates may progress into a range of related occupations including farm, estate and countryside managers, agricultural suppliers, animal technicians, welfare officers, dieticians, animal health officers, food scientists and nutritionists. Other career opportunities include state agricultural agencies, food processing firms, catering, healthcare facilities, industries and wide variety of scientific, educational and service enterprises, including new product development, quality assurance, food research, food marketing, education and extension.