This programme is geared towards producing postgraduate students that demonstrate a strong sense of Leadership, Communication, Entrepreneurship, Project planning in the domain of health, policy and management. As a full time student, you shall pursue the programme for a minimum of 36 calendar months and a maximum of 60 calendar months before being examined.
To be admitted to candidacy, you must have:
- Completed the course work
- Completed other minor requirements
- Passed the comprehensive examination
In order to obtain a PhD in Health Economics, you must complete a minimum of 180 credits.
- An earned Master’s degree in Health Economics, Health Care Management, Public Health, Health Policy, Medicine, Economics, Management, International Health, Pharmacy, Healthcare Financing, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Management Information Systems, Microbiology, Environmental Biology, Animal Biosciences, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Medical Parasitology, Medical Laboratory Sciences and other Health/Management related disciplines not listed above.
- A minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 in all previous studies.
- If you are an Alumnus of the Department of Health Economics, Policy and Management (CATUC), and do not meet the requirement of a GPA of 3.0 but have a 2.4 GPA with at least three to five years of professional working experience in a health, Social Science field or other disciplines, you will be considered for admission.
- A statement of purpose.