The HEPM programme provides the foundation for the understanding of health economics as applied in the wider context of health services research in Cameroon and Africa in general. You will meet qualified and experienced researchers and professionals who are devoted to pass knowledge and expertise through practical projects. You will also have the opportunity to meet with visiting lecturers from our partners, locally and abroad, who visit regularly to share their experiences with both students and staff.
By the time you complete this programme, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of the principles and methods of economic evaluation
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of health economic methods applied to health policy or decision analysis
- Identify, assess and critically synthesize relevant evidence from health economic research literature
You are expected to complete the HEPM programme within two academic years. In order to obtain a Master of Health Economics, Policy and Management, you must complete a minimum of 120 credits.
You will be required to have the following:
- An earned Bachelor’s degree in any related discipline from a recognized University. Preference will be given to those with Bachelors in Biosciences, medical doctors, health related disciplines, Economics and Management.
- A minimum Grade Point Average of 5 (Second Class Honours, Lower Division) on a scale of 4.0 in all previous studies. If you do not meet this criterion but have at least five years of professional working experience in a health related field or other academic discipline, you will be considered for enrolment on condition that you take supplementary courses prescribed by the Department.
- An English Language proficiency certificate if your first language is not English.
- If you have a foreign certificate, you will be expected to apply to the Ministry of Higher Education for equivalence.