Born on the 23rd April, 1973 in Efah –Batibo, married and have 5 children
|2013-2016||PhD||Nuclear, Energy, Science and Technology (STEN)||Politecnico di Milano|
|2006-2007||M.Sc.||Energy Systems and Management||University of Flensburg-Germany|
Computer Science (minor)
|University of Buea|
|23 November – 4 December 2015||Certificate||Integration of renewable energy solutions in the Mediterranean electricity markets||Politecnico di Milano/Enel Foundation|
|Sept.- Nov. 2009||Certificate||Energy for Sustainable Development (Obtained online)||University of Lund Sweden|
|February 2008||Certificate||Design of Pelton Turbine||S. +M. JankTurbinenBau
A- 5222 JEGGING AUTRIA
|February. 2007||Certificate||Introduction to Renewable Hydrogen||Pure Energy Centre, Unst-Shetlands- UK|
|February 2007||Certificate||Field Study on Renewable Energy||Highlands and Islands Community Energy company/ University of Flensburg|
State your work experiences mentioning the significant duties you carried out
|March 2019 till date||National Higher Polytechnic Institute, University of Bamenda||· Senior Instructor at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|2016 – 2017||Catholic University of Cameroon, Bamenda
P.O. Box 782 Bamenda
|· Head of Department Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
|2012 -2016||Politecnico di Milano
|· Research Fellow UNESCO Chair in Energy for Sustainable Development
· Assistant lecturer.
|2010 – 2012||Catholic University of Cameroon, Bamenda
P.O. Box 782 Bamenda
· Acting Head of Department of the Department of Electrical and Electronic in the School of Engineering.
· Member of the Senate Standing Committee for Research and Cooperation.
· Representative of School of Engineering to the Senate.
|2008 -2010||Action pour un Développement Equitable Intégré et Durable (ADEID)BP 1352 Bafoussam Cameroon||· Technical Advisor on Renewable Energy projects and Climate Change
· Seminar Coordinator and Project Developer.
|1998 -2006||Presbyterian Education Authority
Presbyterian Church in Cameroon (PCC)
|· Teacher Presbyterian Comprehensive High School Kumbo
· Teacher Presbyterian High School Batibo
§ Teacher Cameroon Protestant College Bali Cameroon, Member of the School Disciplinary Council Cameroon Protestant College (CPC) Bali
§ Students’ House Master Cameroon Protestant College (CPC) Bali
§ Discipline Master Presbyterian High School (PHS) Batibo
§ Chairperson School Examination board, Presbyterian High School (PHS) Batibo
§ Students’ Preparatory Master Presbyterian High School (PHS) Batibo
§ Member of the School Disciplinary Council Presbyterian Comprehensive High School (PCHS) Kumbo.
§ Member of the School Disciplinary Council Presbyterian High School (PHS) Batibo
§ Students’ social Master at Presbyterian Comprehensive High School (PCHS) Kumbo
Promotions and Awards
- Promoted in 2019 to the rank of Lecturer by Arrete no.19-00008/MINESUP/SP-CCIU Du 22 Jan 2018 by Commission ScientifiqueSpecialiseé des Sciences de l’ingienieur: Thermodynamics etEnergétique.
- Appointed Head of Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, School of Engineering, Catholic University of Cameroon, CATUC, Bamenda by decision CATUC/06/00279/VC/DVCA/REG/laf of 04 October, 2016.
- Awarded Research Grants at the Department of Energy Polictecnico di Milano on 21 January 2013, renewed for two consecutive years till 2016.
Access to energy in Developing countries, via the use of renewable energies and technologies (solar, micro hydropower plants, biogas)
Research Projects carried out
- Thermal energy efficient at the St. Theresa Catholic Health Centre complex in Bafut Sub Division, North West Region of Cameroon.
- Electrical energy self-sufficiency based on local renewable energy resources at the St. Theresa Catholic Health Centre complex in Bafut Sub Division, North West Region of Cameroon.
- Feasibility studies for the development of a micro hydropower plant for powering of a mini-grid for electrification of Adiemukong village in Bafut Sub Division, North West Region of Cameroon
- January – February 2010: Project supervisor of construction of community micro hydropower plants in Wabane and Quibeku village in the South West Region.
- 24th -27 March 2010: Coordinator of International Seminar on Climate Change and Renewable Energy Technology on the theme “Building Local Capacity in Biogas Technology” at the Emmanuel Sisterhood Bafut- NW Region-Cameroon organised by ADEID and sponsored by EvangelischerEntwinklungsdienst (EED) ( eed.de ).
- 18th November 2009: Coordinator of International Seminar on Climate Change on the theme “Local Financing of Renewable Energy Technologies” at Hotel Franco Yaoundé-Cameroon organised by ADEID and sponsored by EvangelischerEntwinklungsdienst (EED)( eed.de
- June- September 2009: Project Manager of World Wide Views on Climate Change, WWViews-Cameroon (wwviews.org )
- 10th – 12th March 2009: Coordinator of International Seminar on Climate Change on the theme “Climate Change, Renewable Energy Technologies, Food, Water and Energy Crisis” at the National Higher School of Engineer (ENSP) Yaoundé-Cameroon organised be ADEID and sponsored by EvangelischerEntwinklungsdienst (EED) ( eed.de ).
Membership of professional bodies:
- Energy for sustainable Development under UNDP
Conferences and Workshops:
- . African Network for solar Energy (ANSOLE) Cameroon conference, November 2016, University of Bamenda- Biogas Technology in Cameroon: Challenges and Opportunities.
- IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference 2014, San Jose, California USA- Domestic Biogas in Developing countries
- Biogas compact course and workshop at University of Oldenburg-German, from 7th -13th April 2013.
Publications (Journal Articles and Books/Book Chapters):
- N. Mungwe,Emanuela Colombo, Fabrizio, Andrea Schievano; The fixed dome digester: an appropriate design for the context of Sub-Sahara Africa? Biomass and Bioenergy 95 (2016) 35 – 44, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biombioe.2016.09.007. Available online at www.sciencedirect.com
- N. Mungwe, L. Bandiera, D. Accorrona, E. Colombo, “Sustainable Energization of Rural Areas of Developing countries: A Comprehensive Planning Approach”. Africa-EU Symposium on Renewable Energy Research and Innovation, RERIS 2016, 8-10 March 2016Tlemcen, Algeria Energy Procedia, Elsevier. doi: 10.1016/j.egypro.2016.07.148. Available online at www.sciencedirect.com
- N. Mungwe, Stefano Mandelli and Emanuela Colombo, “Community pico and micro hydropower for rural electrification: experiences from the mountain regions of Cameroon”, AIMS Energy, 4(1): 190-205. DOI: 10.3934/energy.2016.1.190 available online at http://www.aimspress.com/journal/energy
- N. Mungwe, E. Colombo; “Domestic Biogas Systems in Developing Countries. Performance and Selection of the appropriate Design for mass dissemination” Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE) Global Humanitarian and Technology Conference (GHTC), 10-13 October 2014, San Jose California (USA). Available online at http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/
- N. Mungweand F. Riva, “Cooking technologies” in Eds. J. Barbieri, E. Colombo (eds.), Guidelines on sustainable energy technologies for Food utilization in humanitarian contexts and informal settlements, ISBN: 978-88-941226-0-2, 2015
F. Mapelli, J.N. Mungwe; “Modern energy services for cooking: from Improved Cookstoves to Domestic and Community based Biogas Systems” in E. Colombo, S. Bologna, D. Masera (eds.), Renewable Energy for Unleashing Sustainable Development, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-00284-2_1, _ Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014.