The mission of the Department of Marketing is to stand out as one of the foremost leading marketing departments in the Cameroon’s higher educational landscape. This shall be attained through the recruitment, development, support, and retention of high-quality academic staff.
Objectives of the Marketing Department
The objectives of the Department of Marketing are to:
- Equip students with tools that enable them to function as professional marketers in a rapidly changing business world.
- Prepare students (both at the undergraduate and graduate levels) for professional and ethical marketing practices in a competitive, diverse, and global environment.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level passes in at least two subjects or BAC in addition to the university’s requirements.
To be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing, the student must:
- Meet all the graduation requirements set out in the General Academic Regulations
- Successfully complete all required courses in the programme
- Carry out an independent research project under the supervision of a faculty member in the Department of Marketing.
- Students must complete an eight week long industrial attachment at the end of the second semester of the second year. This practical on-site work experience provides the student the opportunity to gain industrial experience before they graduate. Student assessment will be based on the students’ on- the job performance and on a comprehensive report written by the student.
- Obtain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
Upon graduation, students from the Department of Marketing shall be equipped to fill various positions related to the marketing domain as well as other domains in the private, government, and not-for-profit organizations