The mission of the department is to develop and offer academic programmes at undergraduate and graduate levels, which develop and produce managers and other business professionals capable of using human and other resources to meet development needs and take advantage of the opportunities of Cameroon within the global context.
Objectives of the Department
The objective of the department is to develop both the intellectual and managerial potentials of its students and to develop through its programmes, the students’ intellectual and critical thinking ability as well as their research, managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level including Mathematics and English, General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level passes in at least two subjects in the Arts or Sciences in addition to university requirements.
To be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Management, the student must:
- Meet all the graduation requirements set out in the General Academic Regulations
- Successfully complete all required courses in the programme
- Carry out an independent research project under the supervision of a faculty member in the Department of Management
- Students must complete an eight week long industrial attachment at the end of the second semester of their second year. This practical on-site work experience provides the student the opportunity to gain industrial experience before they graduate. Student assessment will be based on the students’ on- the job performance and on a comprehensive report written by the student.
- Obtain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
After graduation, students can gain employment in any profit and non-profit making organizations both at home and abroad. Our graduates are also expected to contribute to the high level man power development requirement of the country.