Tamafor Elvis Ndohnwi was born on the 24th of June 1986, attended primary school at P.S Akou Bambili from 1990-1997 and later had college secondary education in G.B.H.S Mbengwi from 1997-2002 and continued to high school in the same institution from 2002-2005. He then moved to the University of Buea where he had his BSc. In Banking and Finance from 2005-2008. In February 2009, he got a job with the Bambili Cooperative Credit Union Limited and his first post of duty after completing his probationary period of three (03) months was in Yaounde where he worked as a Teller from 2009-2011 and was later transferred to the Head Office of BamCCUL to serve in the capacity of Network Accountant, which he served for 3 months and was promoted to the Branch Manager of the Head Office of BamCCUL . At this time, he served in a dual capacity as Network Accountant and Branch Manager from 2012 to 2014 when he resigned to delve into the academic world after completing his MBA in Banking, Tax Administration and Financial Services within the period 2012-2014. Tamafor Elvis has been a part-time assistant lecturer in the Department of Banking and Finance at the Catholic University of Cameroon (CATUC) Bamenda from October 2014 to October 2015 and a full-time assistant lecturer in the same department from October 2015 till date. He also takes part-time courses with the HND and MBA programs under the FBMS of CATUC-Bamenda. He has also been a part-time assistant lecturer in the Higher Institute of Commerce and Management (HICM) at the University of Bamenda from 2014 till date. Due to his passion for his profession as a banker/accountant, he has always merged teaching with corporate world activities such as being the Chief of Operations at TOPROC FINANCE PLC from 2015-2017 and currently the Head of Internal Controls at DESTINY PRINTS, Bamenda.
DEC. 2015-MAY 2016: Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals (FCFIP), International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals Inc. (IICFIP), Delaware, USA (Online)
2012-2014: MBA in Banking, Tax Administration and Financial Service, CATUC-BAMENDA
2005-2008: BSc. In Banking and Finance, University of Bamenda
2002-2005: Advanced Level, G.B.H.S Mbengwi
1997-2002: Ordinary Level, G.B.H.S Mbengwi
1990-1997: FSLC, P.S Akou Bambili
March 2019 – Present: Head of Internal Controls, Destiny Prints, Bamenda
Oct. 2015 – Present: Full Time Assistant Lecturer in the Dept. of Banking and Finance – Catholic University of Cameroon (CATUC), Bamenda.
Oct. 2014 – Present: Part Time Assistant Lecturer in the Dept. of Accounting/Finance – Higher Institute of Commerce and Management, University of Bamenda.
May 2015 – Oct. 2017 : Chief of Operations- Tourism Promoters Savings and Loans Finance (TOPROC) PLC- Bamenda Branch
Oct. 2014 – Sept. 2015: Part Time Assistant Lecturer in the Dept. Banking and Finance – Catholic University of Cameroon (CATUC), Bamenda.
Oct 2011 – July 2014: Branch Manager (Head Office) – Bambili Cooperative Credit Union Ltd
July 2011 – July 2014: Network Accountant – Bambili Cooperative Credit Union Ltd (BamCCUL)
February 2009 – July 2011: Teller at BamCCUL, Yaounde Branch
September – Nov 2008: Marketing Agent-British American Tobacco Co. Distribution Center, Bamenda Trade faire
Membership of professional bodies:
International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals Inc. (IICFIP) USA
-Social Media as Assistive Tools to Teaching and Learning in Crisis Situation within Higher Education. Case of the The University of Bamenda in the Midst of the Anglophone Crisis since 2016
– Public-Private Partnerships and Foreign Direct Investment: Tools for Economic Investment in Cameroon (Strategic Importance of PPPs and FDI in Cameroon’s 2035 Vision)
Conferences and Workshops:
- 30th and 31st August 2012: Participated in a workshop on “Financial Performance Evaluation using the MFI FACTSHEET” organized by the Cameroon Cooperative Credit Union League.
- 27th July 2012: Participated in an Education Seminar on “Health and Safety Committees at Work Places” organized by the Regional Delegation of Labour and Social Security North West Region.
- 26th May, 2012: Attended a seminar of the enlarged G36 Credit Unions in Cameroon on COBAC Evaluation Report of CamCCUL Network organized by the Ministry of Finance, held in Bafoussam.
- 28th and 29th February 2009: Attended a training session on the ALPHA Micro-Finance Software and the Telecash (Flying Cash) software organized by the Bambili Cooperative Credit Union Ltd.
- 17th and 19th May 2008: Attended a workshop on “Career Prospects in Banking, Finance and Accountancy” organized by the Association of Banking and Finance Students, University of Buea.
- 9th and 10th of May 2008: Actively participated in a seminar on “Youth Empowerment for Community Development” organized by AIESEC University of Buea Chapter at TRUSTECH Buea.
- 16th April 2008: Actively participated in a workshop on “Public Relations and Getting a Job” organized by AIESEC University of Buea Chapter, in partnership with Poorest of the Poor Foundation.